The Government of the United States continues its hostility against Cuba, with greater aggressiveness in recent months. The intensification of the blockade, its marked extraterritorial character, the application of the Helms-Burton Act and other additional mechanisms and sanctions constitute the main obstacle to the socio-economic development of the Cuban nation, an attack on its sovereignty and a flagrant violation of the principles of international law.
The peoples of the world need the example of Cuba and, for that, we have the commitment to defend it from the attacks of Yankee imperialism and to support it in the fulfillment of its noble aspirations to build a prosperous and sustainable nation, with the Martiana maxim: “Whoever rises today with Cuba, rises for all time!
Inspired by Fidel’s legacy, and by the more than 150 years of struggle, resistance and victory of this heroic nation; proud of the firmness and iron unity of the Cuban people in the face of the obsessive economic war, aggressive escalation and hostile politics of Yankee imperialism, the delegates of nations, gathered on November 2, 2019.
1. Demand the lifting of the genocidal economic, commercial and financial blockade imposed on Cuba by the government of the United States and condemn the implementation of the Helms-Burton Law, which violates the basic principles and norms of International Law, and which pursues the objective of destroying the Cuban Revolution.
2. To support the Resolution “Necessity of ending the economic, commercial and financial blockade imposed by the United States of America against Cuba”, which will be presented to the General Assembly of the United Nations on November 6 and 7, 2019.
3. Demand the return to the Cuban people of the territory illegally occupied by the Guantánamo Naval Base, usurped for more than one hundred years by the U.S. government, violating Cuba’s sovereignty.
4. Reject the growing aggression of the government of the United States and its allies against medical collaboration programs, one of the noblest expressions of the solidarity and internationalist vocation of the Cuban Revolution.
5. Demand that the programs of subversion and destabilization against Cuba cease and that their right to self-determination and independence be respected.
6. Spread the truth about Cuba, as opposed to the media campaigns to which the U.S. administration allocates millions of dollars from its federal budget that systematically defame, distort and lie about the events taking place in the country and hide the achievements of the Revolution.
7. Ratify that Cuba is a safe, peaceful and healthy country for Cubans, foreigners, accredited diplomats and the millions of people who visit every year, including Americans.
8. Support the Cuban Revolution, which is based on the principles of solidarity, social justice, internationalism, indivisible unity and which constitutes a reference for our peoples.
9. To strengthen the bases of the Movement of Solidarity with Cuba through greater articulation with the social and popular movements and the forces of the left, in order to strengthen the actions of solidarity against the imperialist and interfering policy of the government of the United States and its allies.
10. To develop the greatest and urgent mobilization possible, with the carrying out of public and media actions, with a permanent, systematic and intensive character, condemning the aggressive escalation of Yankee imperialism against the Cuban people.
We thank Cuba for its hospitality and solidarity with all the peoples of the world. We support all their efforts for the unity and integration of our nations, for which our heroes fought so hard.
We recognize that, despite the limitations that the policy of economic siege has brought to Cuba, its Socialist Revolution, without resorting to neoliberal prescriptions, has achieved that its people enjoy fundamental rights and freedoms for the full development of all Cubans. Furthermore, its constant internationalist practice has contributed to the development of human rights in many countries of the world.
In this decisive hour of struggle against U.S. imperialism and its allies and in favor of democracy, justice and peace, let us unite our actions to Fidel’s legacy: “Let us sow faith and we will be sowing liberties; let us sow breath and we will be sowing liberties; let us sow solidarity and we will be sowing liberties.
Yankee Empire, Hands off Cuba!
Long live friendship among our peoples!
Long live the heroic Cuban Revolution!
- Final Declaration of the Anti-Imperialist Encounter of Solidarity for Democracy and Against Neoliberalism